Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Paniyara Dosai

I was craving for an evening time snack when Gayathri mam called me up on phone. This topic obviously came up and she told me about Paniyara Dosai amongst a million other Dosai recipes. It made me wonder why I did not even hear about it during the many years at a Tamil Nadu hostel. Anyways, I tried out the recipe immediately with some Idli batter I had at home, and it tasted awesome with Idli podi.

Ingredients:
Idli Batter - 3 big ladles
Onion - half, chopped fine
Green chilly - 1, chopped fine
Curry leaves - A sprig, chopped fine
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp, chopped
Mustard seeds
Urad dal

In a little oil, splutter some mustard seeds, and add the urad dal
Add onion, chillies and curry leaves to it and saute well
Add a little salt(as needed for this onion mixture as the batter already contains required salt)
This mixture can then be added to the idli batter along with coriander leaves and mix this well
Make small Dosais(even smaller than uthappam as it tends to stick to the pan)
Enjoy with idli podi/coconut chutney/tomato chutney

No comments:

Post a Comment